Do you believe me when I tell you that a white blouse can make your outfit go from ‘alright’ to ‘remarkable’? A white blouse is a game changer and I am going to tell you why.
I have always been messy with food, which is why I never owned a proper white blouse. The pain of dropping tomato sauce on a white shirt, is like dropping your iPhone on the floor, picking it up with your heart raising, just to find the screen has cracked in a million pieces. Both are heartbreaking.
Nevertheless the fashion industry changed my mind. The white blouse is such a statement piece, therefore it eventually found it’s way back in my closet. I threw out my old stained blouse from H&M and upgraded to a classic luxurious long silky blouse from Ralph Lauren. After that, my white blouse collection have expanded to different styles and textures. The white blouse is such a universal piece that you can style in whatever way you wish, there are no limits.
“I have never seen elegance go out of style”
We all experience those days where we stand in front of our closet with absolutely no clue what to wear. In these moments, I often find myself grabbing for a white blouse, because it can be dressed up or dressed down for any event. Either way, you will always look like you made an effort.
There are several ways to style a white blouse depending on what style you are going for.
- Style your blouse with a beautiful pencil skirt for a cheek work look. Likewise you could match it with a fun colorful skirt for the summer.
- Taylored trousers are a must in any wardrobe, but paring this with a white blouse will make you look smart and sophisticated.
- An everyday look is essential for everybody, and luckily the white blouse is easy to style for this. Pair it with a pair of skinny jeans. If you would like to dress it up, you could add some red heels. Another look could be a more down dressed one. You could wear a pare of loafers or just good old sneakers.
- For the colder months wearing a sweater with the shirt peaking underneath is so cute. A nice winter coat, will complete this look effortlessly.
- Also, don’t forget accessories. A simple blouse can be complemented by any accessories. For either simple ones with neutral colors, or the big colorful and chunky jewelry.
Beneath I have found some similar pieces to what I am wearing if you want to spoil yourself a little.
Come back and let me know how your white shirt makes you look remarkable.